How to install and setup your m1 WordPress theme.
Installing through WordPress (Recommended)
- Go to Appearance => Themes => Add New
- Search for “m1″ or “m1 theme”
- Install and activate
Installing through FTP
- Download the theme’s .zip file
- Unzip the theme folder
- Upload the unzipped folder to the wp-content/themes folder on your server
- Log in to your WordPress admin area, go to Themes, and activate the theme
Setting up your theme
Most options for customizing your theme are in the theme customizer under Appearance => Customize. You can change your site colors, layout, and lots more.
The front page and home banner
- To setup your front page which displays the home banner, first create a new page. Call that page “Home” (or whatever you want), and add some content if desired.
- On the right side of the page editor under “Template,” choose “Front Page.” Publish the page.
- Go to Appearance => Customize, under “Static Page” choose front page displays “A Static Page,” then select your home page. (You can also set a posts (or blog) page if you like). Save the settings.
Now you can use the “Home Banner” option in the theme customizer (Appearance => Customize) to display your home banner, and customize it. The home banner option displays whatever you put in the box, so make sure to use html like this:
<p>Some text here…</p>
<a href=”http://www.mylink.com” class=”button”>Click Here</a>
The home banner only displays on the page using the front page template, in this case your home page.
Social Media Icons
The social media icons in the theme customizer display at the top right of your site. Make sure to enter the full url of your social profile, like this: https://twitter.com/scottbolinger